Lash Extension Preparation Before You Come to Your Appointment
- Remove all eye makeup and clean your lashes with mild, oil-free, water based cleanser with a lint-free cloth. Do not use makeup remover pads as the tiny fibers attach to your lashes and have to be removed before lash application.
- Remove your contact lenses or bring a case with you to remove the lenses prior to eyelash application.
- Limit your intake of caffeine before you come. Caffeine can cause your eyelashes to flutter making application more difficult resulting in fewer lashes applied. Plan on spending 2 to 2.5 hours for your appointment.
- You may bring an iPod if you would like.
- Limit your intake of liquids before your appointment, if you must get up during the appointment, it will lower the amount of lashes that can be applied with in your appointment time frame.
What to Expect During Your Appointment:
- I will apply an eye pad to your lower eyelashes to seclude from your top lashes. You must keep your eyes closed until the completion of your eyelash extension procedure.
- You should not feel any discomfort during the eyelash application as it is very relaxing for most people and you may very well fall asleep.
- When instructed to open your eyes, there may be slight discomfort from the glue fumes although this is unlikely however should you experience it, please let your stylist know and we can reduce it immediately.
Aftercare Instructions: The First Day
- Do not wear any makeup or wet your lashes for 24 hours after every eyelash application (New set or Refill). This means no swimming, showering, steam or sauna for 24 hours. The adhesive takes a full 24 hours to fully cure (harden). If you must, please try your hardest to avoid getting water on your lashes.
- Make sure you do not sleep on your lashes the first night. If you can prop your head so you lashes are not pushed on during your first night’s sleep, your lashes will last much longer.
Aftercare Instructions: General
- Avoid any cosmetic product or cleanser containing oils, glycols, organic solvents, urea, carbonate or high concentrations of alcohol. Products with these ingredients can break down the adhesive bond and shorten the lifespan of the extensions.
- Mascara is not recommended, especially waterproof mascara/eyeliner. Please note that repeated use of mascara will shorten the lifespan of your Eyelash Extensions and if you absolutely need to wear mascara only apply them to the bottom lashes.
- Curling of Eyelash Extensions is not recommended. Because the extensions already come curled, additional curling is not necessary and doing so may shorten the lifespan of the extensions by compromising the adhesive bond or distorting the extensions.
- Avoid pulling, picking or twisting your lash extensions. This can cause damage to your natural lashes and lead to premature shedding of your extensions.
- DO NOT! Under any circumstance try to remove the extensions yourself, see a trained professional for eyelash removal. (Please note there is a service fee for this)
- You are given a complimentary lash wand to brush and fluff your extensions daily to reduce tangling and flipping! It should be done once after a shower and once in the mornings.
- Return for touch-ups (refills) every 2-3 weeks to keep your lashes looking full, fresh and at their best!